Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Art Heals: Dreaming


Hope you had a good weekend and were able to make it feel a bit different from the work week in our isolation.  Playing games, video or real board or card games, perhaps a bit more TV (yes, we are getting real here), making or playing music, and for me, sleeping a little longer.
With information and stimulation coming to me from different sources than before, I have noticed my dreams are getting more vivid, and my ability to remember at least part of them is getting stronger. It has been shown that the things you look at and think about before sleep can influence your dreams. So here I suggest another way that art heals. Try to fill your eyes and your mind with images that soothe or inspire or delight you. 
Look at the moon or clouds or flowers in your garden, if you are lucky enough  to have one. 
Look at art books or art online exploring the work of historical or favorite contemporary artists, everything just a few clicks away.
I leave you with an image that will soothe your slumbers,                                      Helen Zughaib’s Moonlight Fishing. Sweet dreams. Art Heals.
your dreams,  Helen Zughaib’s

No comments:

Post a Comment