Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Art Heals: Cling to the Earth

Good morning. The sun is shining here, so I thought the title of this beautiful painting by Qais Al Sindy, We Will Cling to the Earth to Survive, is appropriate. I have moments of despair, as do we all, but try to take solace in the irony of the fact that the things I wished for before, like more time and more silence, are things I have too much of now!
But like all of us, I am learning to adapt. I do everything more slowly now, even eating; I used to always be in a hurry as there was so much to do, to finish. It is kind of nice to adapt to slowness. Things actually taste better, thoughts come out a bit better (still working on that!). My slow dance with the earth enables me to cling tighter to my world, and the people and things I cherish in it.
Let’s cling to the earth, and each other, and we will survive. Art Heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment